Monday, October 16, 2006

First Ski Day Logged

This was the scene from the parking lot of Arapahoe Basin that I arrived at early Sunday morning. They opened just three days prior with only one run of the man made stuff, so I couldn't resist heading up to take a couple of turns to say I skied in October. It was the first lift to open in North America this season and was packed with die hard skiers and borders from Denver making space tight on the single open run. As can be seen from the photo, we were delighted with a surprise dusting the night before to soften up the machine groomed hardpack that had been hanging around from earlier in the week. Only an hour away in Denver the weather was sunny and warm with fall colors in full season. As can be seen in the photo, the local birds were taking full advantage of the feeder on the balcony.

No comments: