Sunday, September 10, 2006

Trip to Aspen

As shown in this first photo, the trip out to Aspen early Saturday morning brought a pleasant surprise, snow! We've been having some cold weather lately and the leaves are starting to turn, hence the trip out to Aspen to check out the nightlife and do some mountain biking. Having visited many ski towns, I must admit that I wasn't that impressed with the world famous Aspen. It could have been the fact that I wasn’t skiing, but the town seemed more like a place to live than one to visit on vacation. I prefer the plethora of bars, restaurants, and younger crowd that towns like Whistler, Breckenridge, or Tahoe have. Posted below is a chronicle of the trip via photos of yours truly since I wasn't arming the camera too much. Note there aren’t any photos of the town because they can easily be found on google. The first photo is right before the departure on our odyssey through the Snowmass Mountain’s trail system with the next shot of the fall leaves on the trail. The last few shots were taken on the road back to Denver with the first showing off the local rock climbing. The next 2 shots were taken at the 12,000ft Independence pass where I froze while wearing my biking gear.

No comments: